One of the coolest things about using SVG files to create print and cut embellishments, is that you can change the color to make them match the pattern paper for your project. It’s easy to do and it’s a great way to get free scrapbook embellishments that are exactly what you want for your project. Let’s learn how to do this!
- Select an SVG image for print and cut. Open it in your cutting software. I’m using the Vintage Camera cut files from my Etsy shop.
- Pick out the patterned papers you want to work with. You may have the base of your project already made, or are just getting started.
- Locate the manufacturer and collection name on the paper you used. Generally this is found along the bottom of the paper.
- Find that manufacturers website and locate the product page for that Collection. Another good source is scrapbook.com. Once you locate a picture of the paper, right click copy it (or save to your computer if you are working in Silhouette Studio)
- Paste the JPG image of the paper into the cutting software on the screen you are working on. (Or Open File in Silhouette Studio)
- Use the color picker in your software. (Looks like an eyedropper) Click on one of the papers in the photo and you’ll get the exact color of the paper. Now use that to color one of the layers of your original cut file. Continue picking colors from the photo and using them to color in your cut file.
- That’s it! Continue with the Print and Cut process and you’ll have perfectly matched embellishments!