a.k.a How to take your gift to the next level! A felt rolled rose or two will do the trick.
Yesterday I shared a recipe for homemade sugar scrub and as part of that project I made some rolled roses to finish off the gift jar. Today I’m sharing how to make these rolled roses and I’m telling you this will change your life. Add these to any gift and you’ve just taken it to a whole new level.
Plus, they are easy and cheap to make.
Let’s get started.
1. Cut out a circle from felt. You can freehand it, or trace something. I traced a mug.
2. Begin on one edge and cut the circle into a spiral.
3. As you get to the center of the spiral make sure you leave a small circle in the middle for gluing.
4. Beginning with the outside edge roll the felt spiral around a pencil, keeping the roll taught and right on top of the previous piece.
5. Slide the rose off the pencil. Place a dab of hot glue on the circle that is the center of the spiral and press the rolled flower onto the hot glue. Then cry and say a few swear words as you peel your melted flesh off the hot glue. (Don’t deny it-everyone does it.)
Now get busy making a whole garden of felt rolled roses!